Back2Track ErasmusPlus project has focused on analyzing the differences and similarities that sport clubs have in the approach to professional and grassroots sport and in innovative approach of including kids with disadvantage background in sport and physical activity. As most sport clubs in Europe are implementing both programmes for high level sport and grassroot sport and most of the administration in this club has professional education and experience in the field of professional sport, it is needed to be created new approach for the sport club, focused on grassroots sport. In the same time, there is a huge number of kids with disadvantage background that needs to be empowered to involve in positive activities such as sport and to give them different perspective on their future personal and professional development as society members.
During the project journey in last two years, #Back2Track team from Belgium, Bulgaria and Croatia has implemented:
- Local activities, including recruitment of kids and youngsters with fewer opportunities and motivation so they join #BeActive opportunities;
- Preparation and participation in International #Back2Track sport event (May 2019);
- Dissemination and follow-up activities on local level in partner countries, including sport sessions for recruited in the project framework kids;
- Development of #Back2Track toolkit for sport clubs;
- Project presentation and results sharing through partners networks.
Back2Track project /602960-EPP-1-2018-1-BG-SPO-SSCP/ is co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.